Sometimes, parents and children no longer know how to live together.
- think the parents only ask questions related to school, and not how they’re doing;
- believe people don’t take them seriously;
- think that all parents can do is yell all the time, that parents are never satisfied;
- would like parents to take interest in them.
Parents don’t understand:
- their teenager doesn’t talk any more, and all of a sudden can’t stop talking;
- a small comment and they slam the door of their room;
- their daughter or their son screams instead of speaking. Parents feel they are not respected;
- the teenager stops talking and closes up.